A/An analysis of A/An IITian's accent

The other day I was reading a book, gifted to me by an IITian. The book is written by an english professor who was vry attached to prepositions and articles. He proposed that any one caught missing these articles should be hanged to death. I read this book during the times when I was not a part of IIT and wasn't affected so much by the usage of an article.

Now that Iam in IIT, my expectations about the proper usage of articles has increased tremendously. Being a part of the elite crowd, I was under the impression that people had good acquaintance with articles. But so far the experience proved disastrous. The existence of "an" seems to be void from the famous lingo of an IITian.

No where could I see such an ill use of "an".

A typical sentence from an IITian would be:

"Can you give me a analysis of a application in a ambient condition of a atmospheric pressure of 1 bar and provide me a information about a apparent shift in a output?"

The author about whom I mentioned earlier, would have committed suicide looking at the above statement.

Ironically, this is exactly the kind of usage one can come across during the course of any disucssion with an IITian. The set of IITians include students, faculty and everyone who has got something associated to it.

With the ability to look at even the minutest details, I wonder how couldn't IIT recognize the importance of an an in its lingo.

Guess, what would the response from an IITian to the above question...

" A IITian may not use a an, since a usage of a an as an an doesn't bring change to a output" :)

DISCLAIMER: I know that some of the best orators are from IIT. The article is intended to be on the lighter tone and not to be taken seriously...but nevertheless when someone is trying to initiate a talk with an IITian be prepared to encounter a an!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now...why Marry in the first place?

Caste & misinterpretation of religious scriptures!

Blast in Hyderabad!!